Re: SDF module ready for integration

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: SDF module ready for integration
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 17:32:51 +0100 (CET)

>> Note, however, that there is a problem with the graphics display:
>> On Linux, something has changed in the graphics driver of the demos
>> – instead of a single image I get four, with stripes (see attached
>> image).
>

> The issue is on windows as well.  It is a mistake from my end, when
> I wrote the demo program I assumed that the surface bitmap is 24
> bits per pixel, but it is 32 bits per pixel now.  I have attached a
> patch below ( sdf_fix.txt ) to fix the problem,

Thanks a lot!  I'll add it soon.

> There are a couple more issues on windows:
>
> Firstly, Building the library on windows with gnu make give me the
> following error:
> ---
> Copying files from `submodules/dlg' to `src/dlg'
> A subdirectory or file src\dlg\dlg already exists.
> builds/toplevel.mk:127: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> ---

Please replace

    $(shell $(COPY) \
      $(subst /,$(SEP),submodules/dlg/include/dlg/dlg.h src/dlg/dlg))
    $(shell $(COPY) \
      $(subst /,$(SEP),submodules/dlg/include/dlg/output.h src/dlg/dlg))
    $(shell $(COPY) \
      $(subst /,$(SEP),submodules/dlg/src/dlg/dlg.c src/dlg))

with

    $(shell $(COPY) $(subst /,$(SEP),submodules/dlg/include/dlg/dlg.h
src/dlg/dlg))
    $(shell $(COPY) $(subst /,$(SEP),submodules/dlg/include/dlg/output.h
src/dlg/dlg))
    $(shell $(COPY) $(subst /,$(SEP),submodules/dlg/src/dlg/dlg.c src/dlg))

Does this work?

> Lastly, in the demos program, the symbol 'LCS_sRGB' is not defined,
> due to which the build fails on windows. The MSDN page only list one
> value for the field 'bV4CSType' and that is 'LCS_CALIBRATED_RGB', so
> changing the value on line 267 fixes the error. I have attached a
> patch for this too. ( fix_build_windows.txt )

Will apply, too, thanks.