Re: GSOC Build tests

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSOC Build tests
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 03:48:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Greg,

> Over the past couple weeks I've converted the build tests to use
> autotools for the three desktop OSes. I've managed to leave the
> cmake tests intact too.  I also now have demos building against the
> freetype version pulled in the CI.

Thanks!

> I wasted quite a bit of time trying to get autotools to work with
> MSVC to no avail so if anyone has had success with it please let me
> know.

I believe that the current git versions of the autotools have better
support for MSVC, but I'm not sure about that.  However, I agree that
you shouldn't spend time on this.

> You can see a preview of the updated build tests here:
> https://dev.azure.com/fundies/freetype2/_build/results?buildId=195

Great!

> Over the coming week I plan to write some functionality tests. I
> believe my best course of action for this is just to use the
> existing freetype demo programs in tandem with some bash scripting
> to check for inconsistencies in various fonts between commits. I
> will hope to have some tests and some of the UI for manual
> inspection of failures ready by early next week.

Looks very promising, thanks!  If there are any patches you want me to
apply to master, please send them to the list.