Re: GSOC Build tests

From: Greg Williamson
Subject: Re: GSOC Build tests
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 06:26:32 -0400

Over the past couple weeks I've converted the build tests to use autotools for the three desktop OSes. I've managed to leave the cmake tests intact too.  I also now have demos building against the freetype version pulled in the CI. I wasted quite a bit of time trying to get autotools to work with MSVC to no avail so if anyone has had success with it please let me know. You can see a preview of the updated build tests here: https://dev.azure.com/fundies/freetype2/_build/results?buildId=195. However, the mingw builds are currently failing because it seems their repo is in process of updating but I promise that it worked before :). I've tried to structure the CI's yaml config in a way that it will be easy to add tests for other build systems for the future when you switch to meson or whatever. I think with the current configuration I'm hitting most build configurations but we can always add more later. Over the coming week I plan to write some functionality tests. I believe my best course of action for this is just to use the existing freetype demo programs in tandem with some bash scripting to check for inconsistencies in various fonts between commits. I will hope to have some tests and some of the UI for manual inspection of failures ready by early next week.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 6:46 AM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I would also like to test freetype-demos but I'm not sure if those
>> are only valid on desktop configurations.
>
> Yes, it might be problematic to test the demo programs that uses a
> GUI.  Maybe (some of) the command line tools will work.

All GUI programs are compiled with a GUIless batch driver. In ftview, ftstring, ftggrid it is even usable with “-k Pq” for example. The other GUI progs are ftgamma, ftmulti, and ftdiff. There are and console ftdum, ftbench and ttdebug in good shape.  The rest are not much used and rather obsolete.