Re: Logging Library-Week 1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging Library-Week 1
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:27:49 +0200 (CEST)

[Please try to write plain text e-mails that don't rely on HTML
 formatting.]

Hello Priyesh,

> The coding period has begun, and now I will begin exploring the
> logging libraries.  According to my proposal, I have given 3 weeks
> for the exploring phase.  I will keep updating you about the
> progress per week.

OK.

> According to me, these are the requirements:
>
>    1. Do not change how the current logging library marks the error
>    and tracing logs.

Basically, this is a good assumption.  However, this rule is not cast
in stone if there are good reasons for a change (whatever they may
be).

>    2. Formatting of log messages:
>
>      a. Displaying the value of FT_COMPONENT macro.
>      b. Displaying the timestamp.
>
>    3. User should be able to
>
>      a. Dynamically change the log levels.
>      b. Dynamically redirect the logs to the desired output.
>
>    4. The library should definitely have Windows support.

This looks like a good summary of what has been discussed so far.