Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 09:55:24 -0400

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 1:03 AM ANUJ VERMA <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was wondering if I could tweak the timeline a little bit? I will follow it
> as much as I can, but just in case I am running late or early.
> And is there a set of tools I should use. I mostly use Visual Studio on
> Windows 10 for development but if there is something else I should use,
> please let me know so that I can learn that in the meantime.

Welcome to FreeType, Anuj!

I think your project can stay separate from the core FreeType al least
for some time. I would be a separate FT_Renderer module. So you can
use Visual C to develop it. It is highly desirable to use version
control to track your work progress, for example, with git. The only
change in FreeType might be FT_RENDER_MODE_DF, or maybe, some
interface to add that dynamically. The time line in project proposals
is there to track progress too. Everybody understands that it cannot
be followed to the minute.

Thanks,
Alexei