Re: Build system considerations

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Build system considerations
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 10:37:02 +0200

Le ven. 1 mai 2020 à 10:12, Albert Astals Cid <address@hidden> a écrit :

I apologize if somebody felt personally wronged by my comment.

Since I don't see anything wrong with it, I would be very happy if you could please explain what's wrong with it so I can try to improve myself in the future.

Sure, "life bubble" is essentially a reference to the poster's private life, which seems irrelevant here. "very biased" sounds judgemental, using it in other contexts may be completely appropriate, but in this specific one, looks like you may be trying to attack the poster's character instead of the point he's trying to make.
That may not be what you tried to express, but I guarantee you that's how it is perceived. It is likely that you misread Behdad's post (which was indeed a bit ambiguous) and drew conclusions too quickly, assuming either ill-intent or incompetence, but I encourage you to find better ways to react to this kind of situation in the future.

Also don't worry too much about it, we all make mistakes, me included, and the Internet is an unforgiving place where many of the bad decisions we make on public lists are written in stone and searchable decades to come. I hope you'll still be happy to contribute to the discussion after this :)

- David

Best Regards,
  Albert