Re: GSoC application for Port the font-rs/fontdue rendering engine to Fr

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSoC application for Port the font-rs/fontdue rendering engine to FreeType
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:57:49 +0200 (CEST)

>> rather short sections on what you are going to do
>
> The problem is quite straightforward, I don't feel that there is
> anything that I can add.  Please let me know if you have something
> in mind.

For example, you don't mention the references Raph Levien gave on the
'freetype-devel' list a few days ago – you don't state at all *why*
the changes would be beneficial to FreeType, and you also don't give
any background information.

Imagine that you have to convince a governmental organization to give
you money for your research, and that there are zillions of
competitors who want that money, too.  There must be something in your
proposal that gives the organization a reason to select you and not
the others.

In other words, even writing a good proposal is already part of the
GSoC.