Re: GSoC application for Port the font-rs/fontdue rendering engine to Fr

From: Kartik Soneji
Subject: Re: GSoC application for Port the font-rs/fontdue rendering engine to FreeType
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 17:14:07 +0000 (UTC)

> Hello Kartik,
Hi.

> * You are talking about porting the 'Rust Package ...'.  However, this
> is not what we want.  We only want the rasterizer part to be ported!
> Everything else is already provided by FreeType.
I don't know how I missed that part of the problem description.
This does simplify things greatly.

* The idea of using a transposer is interesting.  However, I'm not
> sure about the code quality – and whether the transposed C code is
> readable and editable at all by humans, which is quite important.
I was suggesting that transpiling can do most of the heavy lifting, and
code quality and readability can be improved manually.

> * Please reduce the 'About Me' section and mention only stuff that is
> relevant to the planned project.  For example, your Excel knowledge
> doesn't really fit :-) Ditto for your college class attendance and
> similar things...
Of course.

I have made some changes. Please take a look and let me know your
thoughts.

Yours Truly,
Kartik Soneji