Re: GSoC Application

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSoC Application
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:12:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Ashwini,

> Going through various projects, one of FreeType's projects caught my
> attention: "Improve the ‘ftinspect’ demo program" . I have already
> spent few days in learning about freetype, glyphs and font rendering
> as well tested some examples explaining freetype.

Great!

> I wished to know if the project "Improve the ‘ftinspect’ demo
> program" still open.

Not sure what you mean about 'open'.  If you want to know whether this
is a possible GSoC project for FreeType, then the answer is yes.

> Also, it would be great if you could help a little more so that i
> can frame a proper proposal.

Uh, oh, you have to write the proposal by yourself.  However, if you
have specific questions you can ask here, and we will gladly answer.
I strongly recommend that you also look up the 'freetype-devel'
mailing list archive at

  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/

For example, check the messages written one and two years ago in the
months February and March: I'm quite sure you will find some useful
hints how to write a GSoC proposal.