Re: [ft-devel] Accessing `ft_mem_*' from OT-SVG hooks

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Accessing `ft_mem_*' from OT-SVG hooks
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 16:53:21 -0400

> Well, as far as API calls from the *user* side are concerned, it's only
> one extra function call and that too if the *user* wants to plug in their
> own SVG rendering library. Just a single call to `FT_Set_Svg_Hooks'.

... that can be avoided. FT_Add_Module and FT_Remove_Module can
achieve the same with two modules.

>> We should not decide this if both libraries work.
>
> Why not?  I don't see any problem in providing a default that can be
> overridden by the user.  It's less than 10 lines of (user) code to do
> so.

... while Moazin is afraid about code duplication...

We might even suggest that the SVG libraies maintain the respective
renderers in their code base. So that FreeType only picks up the
module from them... Of course, only if they which that their library
is used to render OT-SVG.