Re: [ft-devel] Accessing `ft_mem_*' from OT-SVG hooks

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Accessing `ft_mem_*' from OT-SVG hooks
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 23:14:37 +0500

Alexei, that can work only if the rendering module
was designed with the approach that you discussed
yesterday, not with the current approach.

As I mentioned before, at the moment, the hooks get
set long after the module has been initialized, thus
none of this works.

Also, my `svg_lib_init' hook is called lazily, only when
the first time an SVG glyph is to be rendered. I did this
because there's a possibility that FreeType users have
kept the SVG module in the list of default modules while
having no plan to ever render SVG glyphs. Thus, it's
quite different that `module_init'.

As far as `module_size' is concerned, `module_size' can
be used to expand the size of the SVG Module. Now,
maybe I can store the `state' structure here, but again,
it is different for each library and which library is getting
plugged in, is only decided at runtime.

I might try your approach in a separate branch tomorrow.
But, before I can do that, can you please describe your
approach in a comprehensive way? Covering question
like:
How should the external library be linked to the OT-SVG
module? I could directly #include files and link to the
library. Or do you have some other way in mind?
Basically, I am quite confused about how your approach
should look like. Please, describe it to me and I shall
give it a try in my free time. :)