[ft-devel] That ttfautohint bug (Re: Rendering issues with xpdf (and oth

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] That ttfautohint bug (Re: Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf viewers))
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 23:23:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Besides Lohit-devanagari, after fedora 29 and sat on it a bit etc, I looked at the FontVal reports and found another font (one of the other Lohit-*) with visibly broken hinting - the other one is worse as one of the glyphs is broken below about 200 ppem. Luckily there are only two, so I filed 3 bugs in total at Redhat bugzilla, one for them to patch ttfautohint, the other two for them to re-hint those two fonts. The updates are on their way.

Is ttfautohint 1.8.3 (the next one, with the fix) coming soon?

This is also the first time I acted on FontVal reports... I have decided fairly on that I cannot affect the time to look at/debate/act on individual font reports as I have about 30,000 reports the last time I counted (reports from older/newer versions of same font count as one), so I don't, as a matter of policy.

Btw, is freetype 2.9.2 (or 2.10) any time soon? Been a while since 2.9.1.

Hin-Tak