Re: [ft-devel] commit #84eebf4802 breaks compilation with older version

From: John Emmas
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] commit #84eebf4802 breaks compilation with older version of MSVC
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 16:33:13 +0100

On 19/05/2018 13:07, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:

FreeType vs2010 project makes both static and dynamic and turns on
intrinsics. I do not know how to backport it to vs2005.  How much need
is there for it really?

There won't be much need for VS2005 these days (in fact, even I only use it for 1 project).

In theory though, CMake can generate MSVC project files for more recent versions of Visual Studio (which I guess would also have the 'Intrinsic' value set incorrectly).  Having said that, I just tried building with CMake and VC14 (Visual Studio 2015) and I was surprised to find that the CMake build failed (apparently while generating the file:- 'CompilerIdC.vcxproj')

I haven't looked into it in any depth so it could easily be a configuration issue at my end.  Or is VS2010 the latest version that can build freetype2?

John