Re: [ft-devel] commit #84eebf4802 breaks compilation with older version

From: John Emmas
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] commit #84eebf4802 breaks compilation with older version of MSVC
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 16:41:28 +0100

On 18/05/2018 15:30, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:

Do you use our stock project file? Could there be an option to
enable/disable intrinsics? Please investigate it.

Oh wow... very well spotted !

I'm using my own VC project file where instrinsic functions were disabled. Enabling that option allows me to build without errors - even from the earlier git version (i.e. before Werner added the test for VS2013). So with intrinsic functions enabled, that test isn't needed (though the underscored __inline is still needed, of course...)

I don't use your stock projects but it looks like the one for VC2010 has intrinsics enabled. AFAICT though, the others are simply using the default setting which I'd assume is (most likely) disabled. Thanks again,

John