Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on S

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on Solaris x64
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 21:40:35 +0900

Dear Alexei,

Yes, Oracle cc accepts it, as far as I can read from the online help.
And, at least, during the compilation (from *.c to *.o), the control
by __attribute__((visibility("default"))) works well. The exported symbols
are exposed to global.

But when Oracle cc links the object files into shared library, with
mapfile (listing the symbols to be exposed), strangely, all symbols
are hidden.

Also, I should note that (maybe) same mapfile was used in freetype-2.9,
and the symbols were exposed correctly.

Thus, the possibility I can imagine is; a combination of -fvisibility=hidden
and mapfile can cause unexpected behaviour? The examples using mapfile
at
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-0391/appendixb-45356/index.html
does not use -fvisibility options.

--

Hmm, I would try to make a patch excluding "-fvisibility" option in
linking, although it is used in the compilation.

Kanazawa-san, I hope this issue is not urgent issue something like
a forced order from your boss like "hey Kanazawa, resolve this issue
by next Monday".

Regards,
mpsuzuki