Re: [ft-devel] merged CFF and Type1 hinting code now in master

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] merged CFF and Type1 hinting code now in master
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:11:09 -0500

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Nikolaus Waxweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
Because I haven't found a way yet to prevent horizontal stems from
being snapped to full pixel widths. The moment a reliable method comes
up, v40 is ready to enter the light mode club.

.. so that light is normal is light. We made the step in that direction when NORMAL became v40. We are moving away from easily configurable hinting amount. The target surface becomes the right control.

I believe that TrueType without bytecode are handled by autohinter that still respects NORMAL and LIGHT flags. What happens to CFF/Type1 without hints?