Re: [ft-devel] Bug for Windows CE

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Bug for Windows CE
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:44:47 +0100 (CET)

Hello Takashi!

> I think that I find bugs on Windows CE(5.0) version of free type
> font on the specific font file (MigMix(ミグミックス)フォント
> MigMix 1P) http://mix-mplus-ipa.sourceforge.jp/migmix/
>
> The free type library can not load some Japanese character such as "
> 視" in WinCE environment. It might be happen in Win32. (I have not
> tested yet.)

I don't use WinCE, so I can't give direct help.

> In case of Linux, I don't have any problem.
>
> However, in WinCE(5.0),
> err = FT_Load_Char(face, *(Text + i),FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP);
>
> err=FT_Render_Glyph(face->glyph,FT_RENDER_MODE_NORMAL);
> face->glyph->bitmap
>
> is empty bitmap date without an error.

Please have a look at file `builds/wince/ftdebug.c'.  You should
somehow pass the environment variable `FT2_DEBUG'
(e.g. `FT2_DEBUG=any:7', as documented in docs/DEBUG) to the FreeType
library so that you get a trace.  Doing the same on Linux you can
compare the traces, possibly finding out where the problem is.  I know
that (older versions of?) WinCE doesn't have environment variables, so
you have possibly to manipulate this file directly to set the desired
values.