Re: [ft-devel] FW: Stack Overflow ?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FW: Stack Overflow ?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:03:15 +0100 (CET)

> Have been reading DrMemory. However, this isnt' unusual for MS
> release builds in particular.

I will pretend to not have read this :-)

> As I mentioned and you're obviously aware, why DON'T you used calloc
> internally?  This is running rock solid with that 1 change in
> ft_alloc()

You are the only one reporting this issue.  Isn't it strange that
noone else is seeing this?  And why does an older version of FreeType
works just fine for you?  Older versions don't use calloc either...

I still think that you should create a minimum example that exhibits
your problem.  *Only then* you can be sure that it's *really*
FreeType's problem.

> I consider this fixed until/unless something else goes boom
> (shouldn't be set to 0 by default) But this runs solid in debug and
> now release with calloc in ft_alloc()

Sorry to say, but maintaining that it be `solid' now is
self-deception.  If you want to help find the real cause, here's
another suggestion: Please do bisecting the git repository to find out
which commit introduces the stack overflow for you.