Re: [ft-devel] WIP PATCH: clang static analyzer and warning fixes

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WIP PATCH: clang static analyzer and warning fixes
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:26:04 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:37 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> The patch 0004 is false positive.  The variable 'hit' is set to zero
> when entering the loop so 'p_last' and 'p_first' are assigned almost
> immediately.

Thanks for the analysis.  However, initializing doesn't hurt, and
pacifying one of the most used compilers is probably a good thing.

Arghhhh... I am not sure if the patch is even correct. Aren't we resetting the variable in each loop cycle? This wasn't the case in the original code where the values reused, was it?