Re: [ft-devel] WIP PATCH: clang static analyzer and warning fixes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WIP PATCH: clang static analyzer and warning fixes
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:40:27 +0100 (CET)

> Attached are 3 more patches, this time to fix compiler warnings (not
> static analyzer warnings).

Thanks.  I've applied most of them (some with changes).  However,
these three I don't understand (in file src/psaux/psauxmod.c):

-  FT_CALLBACK_TABLE_DEF
+  static
   const AFM_Parser_FuncsRec  afm_parser_funcs =

-  FT_CALLBACK_TABLE_DEF
+  static
   const T1_CMap_ClassesRec  t1_cmap_classes =

-  FT_CALLBACK_TABLE_DEF
+  static
   const FT_Module_Class  psaux_module_class =

The first one gets used in the `type1' module, the second gets used in
both the `type1' and `type42' module, and the third is the global
module definition for `psaux'.  In other words, the data in the tables
gets accessed in different source code files, which contradicts the
`static' keyword, right?

There is a high chance that I misunderstand the `export' vs. `static'
issue if applied to arrays, so please elaborate on that problem.