[ft-devel] regarding open file descriptors in Pango

From: Parth Kanungo
Subject: [ft-devel] regarding open file descriptors in Pango
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 04:45:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hello all,

I observed that in pangoft2, the file descriptor opened for the font file, does not get closed until we destroy the PangoFontMap.

If we create 2 or 3 instances of PangoFontMap and try to render for different sizes, for every size, pangoft2 opens a file descriptor.

This is creating an issue in my module, as multiple file descriptors get opened.

To achieve my goal, I have closed the file descriptor in pango_ft2_unlock_face() by calling FT_Done_Face().

But, this implementation opens and closes the file every time, which is a bit costly.

Is there any other workaround for this ?

Thanks and regards,

Parth Kanungo