[ft-devel] points under baseline shifted up

From: another gol
Subject: [ft-devel] points under baseline shifted up
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 01:36:42 +0200

Hi,

I'm seeing something weird in the ouline given out by freetype (2.5), when hinting is disabled (or set to the TTF's own & there's none), the geometry below the baseline seems to be shifted up by a tiny fraction.

My test is a font of 2048 units/EM, used at height 16, so that 128 units=1 pixel on-screen.
Above the baseline everything is perfect, but anything below is moved up by a fraction of a pixel, possibly around 8 units.

I haven't found anything that seemed related in the sources, but I'm not familiar with them at all. Does this ring any bell?

Thanks