Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] Multiple scripts are now supported

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] Multiple scripts are now supported
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:28:43 +0200 (CEST)

> I've built on OSX with GUI and app info gives me.version 95.54-5648
> Is that correct version for the latest git build?

I don't know, since the version number doesn't change if you just do
`git pull' followed by `make' (this is a slightly unfortunate side
effect of using `automake' to generate the version number
automatically).

If I say `git describe', I currently get

  v0.96-24-g0de3d29

Everything where the first part of this string is `v0.96' and the
second number is larger than `20' should work.

If you want a correct version number in the binary, please say

  git clean -fdx
  ./bootstrap
  ./configure --without-doc
  make

There is certainly a way to avoid `git clean' and `./bootstrap', but
doing it as above is the simplest solution, I think.