Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint git source + gnulib issue

From: Vernon Adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint git source + gnulib issue
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 06:56:34 -0700

Now when running ./bootstrap i get the following;

 m4/sys_socket_h.m4
  m4/sys_types_h.m4
  m4/threadlib.m4
  m4/unistd_h.m4
  m4/warn-on-use.m4
  m4/wchar_t.m4
Finished.

You may need to add #include directives for the following .h files.
  #include <fcntl.h>
  #include <getopt.h>
  #include <string.h>
  #include <unistd.h>

You may need to use the following Makefile variables when linking.
Use them in <program>_LDADD when linking a program, or
in <library>_a_LDFLAGS or <library>_la_LDFLAGS when linking a library.
  $(LTLIBINTL) when linking with libtool, $(LIBINTL) otherwise
  $(LTLIBTHREAD) when linking with libtool, $(LIBTHREAD) otherwise

Don't forget to
  - add "gnulib/src/Makefile" to AC_CONFIG_FILES in ./configure.ac,
  - mention "src" in SUBDIRS in gnulib/Makefile.am,
  - mention "-I gnulib/m4" in ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am,
  - mention "gnulib/m4/gnulib-cache.m4" in EXTRA_DIST in Makefile.am,
  - invoke gl_EARLY in ./configure.ac, right after AC_PROG_CC,
  - invoke gl_INIT in ./configure.ac.
running: AUTOPOINT=true LIBTOOLIZE=true autoreconf --verbose --install --force
-I gnulib/m4  --no-recursive
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I gnulib/m4 --force -I gnulib/m4 -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: true --copy --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/local/Cellar/autoconf/2.69/bin/autoconf
--include=gnulib/m4 --force
configure.ac:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/local/Cellar/autoconf/2.69/bin/autoconf failed with exit
status: 1
./bootstrap: autoreconf failed

again, is this an issue confined to OSX? or a wider issue?  Not had the issue
before.

-v