Re: [ft-devel] FT_Get_PS_Font_Private in CFF driver

From: Michael Toftdal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Get_PS_Font_Private in CFF driver
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 20:54:23 +0000

On 28/05/2013, at 20.28, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> The structure of a CIDFont is as follows:

Ahh, CIDFonts. I'm sorry. I had the FontSet notion in the CFF specification
mixed up with the sub-font notion for CIDFonts in the FreeType code.

> However, the FDArray data is *completely internal*
> to FreeType and not publicly visible.  It is *not* possible to
> directly access a CIDFont's subfont.  In other words, your suggestion
> of using a subfont index doesn't work.

OK. So for CIDFonts I see the problem.
But for non-CID, CFF Fonts where the CFF FontSet notion is mapped to the
FreeType "face" notion, wouldn't it still make sense to be able to access the
private dict of a face, as it is possible for the plain Type1 fonts? This was
actually what I was trying -- the sub-font index parameter I suggested is in
fact the face_index parameter in FT_New_Face (right?).

> I'll ask someone from Adobe which value is used for StemV if the
> particular font is a CIDFont.

Thanks!

Regards,
Michael