[ft-devel] FT_Get_PS_Font_Private in CFF driver

From: Michael Toftdal
Subject: [ft-devel] FT_Get_PS_Font_Private in CFF driver
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 21:45:23 +0000

I need to lookup the StdVW value that is in the Type1 private dict of an
OpenType font (with CFF outlines). And since I already have the font loaded in
FreeType, I was looking for a way to get the value from there. But the
FT_Get_PS_Font_Private service is not available in the CFF driver, it appears
(-- the comment says "unsupported with CFF fonts"). One problem with CFF fonts
is the fact that the font may have several sub fonts, I guess. But on the other
hand, the FT_Get_PS_Font_Info service _is_ implemented by the CFF driver (by
ignoring the sub fonts).
I do not know enough about the font specs to tell if it is okay to ignore
subfonts for the Type1 font dict but not for the Type1 private dict, but I
consider implementing the private dict service along the lines of the available
font dict implementation in cffdrivr.c. The private dict has already been
parsed, and is in the private_dict member of the CFF_SubFont struct, as far as
I can tell.
Do you have any comments on this? -- or do you have a suggestion for other ways
of finding the StdVW value of a CFF font?

Regards,
Michael