Re: [ft-devel] new CFF engine

From: Vernon Adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] new CFF engine
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 06:52:20 -0700

I have been testing the new adobe-Freetype CFF engine, and was wondering if the
default 'darkness' of stem darkening is a little too high?
How does the width of stems in a font effect the amount of darkness rendered? I
think someone mentioned that thinner stems will render with relatively more
darkness than thicker stems? Is that correct? Or is the amount of darkness a
uniform value across all rendered fonts?

thanks