[ft-devel] Hegemony Credit

From: Rick Yorgason
Subject: [ft-devel] Hegemony Credit
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:53:57 -0400

Hi everyone,

Thanks for developing FreeType! I'm a developer from the game Hegemony: Philip of Macedon <www.longbowgames.com/hegemony> and we made extensive use of FreeType 2 in our engine, so we've included a credit to The FreeType Project in our credits.

As part of the release process, I'm contacting all the contributors to ensure that they approve of the credits. We've been trying to adhere to the IGDA Game Crediting Guide as closely as possible <http://wiki.igda.org/IGDA_Credits_and_Awards_Committee>. The guide doesn't actually mandate that we credit third-party libraries, but we did it anyway, out of respect.

Alright, so here's the video of our credits:

http://www.longbowgames.com/hcredits/Hegemony%20Credits.avi

That's in H.264 format, so your browser probably won't be able to play it. I suggest you right-click on it and "Save As", then open it with VLC:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Now, this credit is just that: a credit. We've also included the standard legalese in our license to acknowledge your copyright. If anybody requests it, I'll post our license file on this list.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

-Rick-