RE: [ft-devel] BDF and FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] BDF and FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:24:03 +0100

Hello,

> > I also have a (maybe stupid) question.  Why don't we simply have
> >
> > FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes( face, w, h )
> > {
> >     FT_Set_Char_Size( face, w, h, 72, 72 ):
> > }
> >
> > ?
> (More looking forward to comments on this question actually)

The question isn't stupid at all. The difference comes from the TrueType
bytecode specification, which makes a specific distinction between these
two scaling modes.

I can't remember the details though...

Also, it should be FT_Set_Char_Size( face, w*64, h*64, 72, 72 ) :-)

- David Turner

PS: By the way, thanks a *lot* for your optimizations and bug fix
    on the cmap processing code. Great work !