[Devel] What modules to use?

From: David Piepgrass
Subject: [Devel] What modules to use?
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:44:18 -0700

(Hmm, I sent this message to address@hidden and it didn't show up in the
digest.)

Hi, can someone help?  I can't find any documentation to tell me what each
module is for.

I would like to make a minimal build of freetype for use on a CE device.  Can
someone tell me how to make a build with support for TrueType font files and
antialiasing but nothing else?

Beyond this, what do I need to add in order to support:
- Hinting (AutoHinting, I guess, since I don't have one of those Apple licence
thingies)
- OpenType (*.otf) fonts
- The caching subsystem, if it actually works (has anyone used it?)

Finally, I would like to expose the freetype API as exports in a (Windows CE)
DLL, because I want to call the FreeType functions from a .NET Framework
program.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help is appreciated, including a pointer to a list of module descriptions
if one exists.