[Devel] BCI no longer used by default

From: Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
Subject: [Devel] BCI no longer used by default
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:26:39 +0000

  When I tried to upgrade freetype from 2.1.7 to 2.1.9, I noticed that
text became more blurry, even though I recompiled it with bci enabled.
That is the symptom of the bytecode interpreter not being used.  I had
to go back to 2.1.7 to get the best possible hinting in gtk apps.

  What happened?  Does freetype 2.1.9 not use bci by default even if it
is compiled in?  Any way I can change this default?  And why was it
changed, btw?  Thanks in advance.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro