RE: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2 on Mac

From: George Williams
Subject: RE: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2 on Mac
Date: 21 Oct 2003 10:23:29 -0700

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 20:44, 786 wrote:
> Hello sir,
> I need some information, can you please help. Can you tell me from where can
> i get information about OTF support and typographic status of MAC. I will be
> grateful.
To the best of my knowledge the mac does not support OTF and Apple has
no plans to do so. Apple has its own format called AAT which it uses
instead.

I had been working on a program to interconvert between OTF and AAT
tables. Some tables have fairly simple equivalences, others (I believe)
are so different they are impossible to convert.