Re: [Devel] Re: strange cmap syntax

From: Ken Lunde
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: strange cmap syntax
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:55:21 -0700

Anthony,

You wrote:

Thanks for your posting on the FreeType-devel mailing list.  :-)

No problem.

Are there any plans to update Adobe-CNS1-?, UniCNS* and  HKscs-B5-H
etc. to catch up to the latest HKSCS 2001 standard?  Compared with the
current Adobe-CNS1-4, the HKSCS-2001 standard released in December 2001
has three additional Chinese characters, and it would be wonderful if
you could add them too to make Adobe suite fully conform to HKSCS-2001
standard.

Adobe-CNS1-4 was revised in early 2002 to add those three additional characters. Their CIDs are 18962 through 18964. The Adobe-CNS1-4, UniCNS-UTF*-*, HKscs-B5-*, and ETHK-B5-* CMap files were updated accordingly. They should be at:

  ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/pub/examples/nutshell/cjkv/adobe/ac14.tar.Z

Also, regarding GB18030 or GBK2K, are there any plans to include
ethnic minority scripts (Tibetan, Mongolian, Yi and Uyghur) into
Adobe-GB1-?, UniGB* and GBK2K-H?

We currently have no plans to add the glyphs for the minority scripts. If we do, they would likely become Adobe-GB1-5. Almost 2,000 glyphs are required, according to our findings.

Regards...

-- Ken