Re: [Devel] Some numbers smaller than some others (TTF, Type1)

From: Sebastien BARRE
Subject: Re: [Devel] Some numbers smaller than some others (TTF, Type1)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:37:26 -0400

At 6/19/2002 02:14 PM, Vincent Caron wrote:
On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 19:49, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
> I will send the font to anyone ready to perform the test and have a look at
> this issue :)

Just make sure it's not a FTGL pb, try to render the problematic glyphs
using the 'ftstring' program from the ft2demos package :

If the bug is still there, FreeType might really have a bug :)

Sorry guys, FTGL is OK, since I could reproduce the problem using something like:

ftstring -r 17 -m "AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz 0123456789 address@hidden&*()-=_+[]{}" ppem D:\temp\fonts\free\candidates\urw\n022003l.pfb

Here is the result, for the "Nimbus Sans" and "Nimbus Mono".
http://barre.nom.fr/temp/type1bug.gif
Note the '1' and '4'

This is scary.
I mean, I'm quite sure a lot of people use Freetype and Type1/TrueType fonts, so it looks strange that nobody noticed that.
Any clue ?

I just want to add that you should have the bytecode interpreter
enabled.  For patent reasons, it is disabled by default.

It does not solve the pb either.

Thanks