[Devel] Most efficient flags to use with FT_Load_Char to get ONLY metric

From: Rich Stephens
Subject: [Devel] Most efficient flags to use with FT_Load_Char to get ONLY metrics ?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:35:28 -0400

If I am going through the characters in a certain charmap and I really only want to
glean the information in the face->glyph->metrics structure and not the bitmap or
vector image for rendering, could someone recommend the most time-efficient
flags to use with FT_Load_Char?  I'd still like the values to be as they would
when I use FT_LOAD_DEFAULT, but if there's any I can use that might speed up the
process, I'd like to hear about them.

For instance, it appears that FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP might be of help.  Am I right?  Are
there any more?

Rich Stephens
Software Developer

Optio Software, Inc.