[Devel] RE: FreeType 2.0.9 could not read the HKSCS-2001 MING_UNI.TTF fo

From: Wenlin Institute
Subject: [Devel] RE: FreeType 2.0.9 could not read the HKSCS-2001 MING_UNI.TTF font
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:39:21 -0700

At 9:18 PM -0400 5/29/02, Yao Zhang wrote:
The problem is actually at the beginning.  In MING_UNI_TTF's Offset
Subtable, numTables is 13 and entrySelector is 4 which is wrong. The
correct entrySelector should be 3.  In freetype2/src/sfnt/ttload.c,
I corrected the font with my oTo utility:

    oto MING_UNI.TTF ming_uni.ttf

The new ming_uni.ttf works fine.  I don't know if I can upload the new
ming_uni.ttf to my website since I have no idea about its license.

Is it just a matter of changing one byte from 4 to 3, and if so could you tell us the byte offset?

Also, is there information about oto somewhere?

Thanks,

Tom Bishop

Regards,

Yao Zhang

--

Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com