Re: [Devel] font format corner cases

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] font format corner cases
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 20:52:08 -0400

At 12:20 AM +0200 5/24/02, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
 >   The big issue with support Mac OS fonts on non-Mac platforms
 > is the need to parse the resource fork portion of the fonts in order
 to replace the Resource Manager API calls that currently exist in
 ftmac.c

Hmm, what do those calls do?  I can imagine that we add some
replacement routines within a `#ifndef macintosh ... #endif' block to
parse the interesting resource and data forks.

They parse the structured data of the resource fork to find the necessary data contained therein. The resource fork format is well defined and folks have done this before.

The real question is whether there is enough interest to warrant all the work.

LDR
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
                                             <http://www.lazerware.com>