Re: [Devel] infinite loop/autohinter crash

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: [Devel] infinite loop/autohinter crash
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:20:19 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Just, any chance to make ttDump continue?  Since FreeType 1 can
> display the font (albeit incompletely), the errors aren't apparently
> too severe.

Look for this line in fontTool/ttLib/__init__.py:

    except "_ _ F O O _ _": # dummy exception to disable exception catching

and replace it with

    except:

I disabled it because in many cases it makes debugging (both fonts and the TTX
code itself) a _lot_ harder (initial errors are masked, which may lead to other
errors later, which by then don't make a whole lot of sense...)

I guess this should be a command line switch.

Just