Re: [Devel] infinite loop/autohinter crash

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] infinite loop/autohinter crash
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:57:31 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> The remaining tables are completely useless.  It seems that your
> translation process is severely broken.
>
> Just, any chance to make ttDump continue?  Since FreeType 1 can
> display the font (albeit incompletely), the errors aren't apparently
> too severe.

I second Werner here: it would be great to have a way to somewhat pass
over "benign" fault/exception. But I understand this is nowhere near
from easy...

Back to the topic, though, Scott did a valid point that you (Werner)
is relaying to Just: we should not allow the engine to stop badly
on such a problem; and Scott's point is that it concerns Freetype...

Antoine