[Devel] freetype infinite looping

From: Scott Long
Subject: [Devel] freetype infinite looping
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:41:09 -0800

When run on an unusual truetype file, I can get freetype 2.0.4 and later to
get into an infinite loop. I think something is wrong with the truetype file,
but I can't figure out what.

I attached the source to a small program that reproduces the problem, as well
as the problematic ttf file. The interesting thing is, an equivalent series
of calls in freetype 1.x does not produce the infinite loop. In fact, the
program that makes use of this weird font file works just fine with FT 1.x.

The ttf file was reconstructed from a PCL5 print data stream. So the code
that produced it might be buggy. I'd like to isolate the problem and make
sure the bug is not a bug in FreeType 2.x.

However, it seems like bad font files should not cause FT to infinite loop :-)

Thanks very much,

Scott Long