[Devel] CFF driver and TektonPro

From: Detlef Würkner
Subject: [Devel] CFF driver and TektonPro
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:16:37 +0100

Hello!

While experimenting with the TektonPro font contained in Adobe InDesign
(1.5.2 IMHO?) trial version, I discovered something in the CFF driver:

file src/cff/cffobjs.c starting from line 305
----8<----
      /* now, the font can be either an OpenType/CFF font, or an SVG CEF */
      /* font in the later case; it doesn't have a `head' table          */
      error = face->goto_table( face, TTAG_head, stream, 0 );
      if ( !error )
      {
        pure_cff = 0;

        /* load font directory */
        error = sfnt->load_face( stream, face,
                                 face_index, num_params, params );
        if ( error )
          goto Exit;
      }
      else
      {
        /* load the `cmap' table by hand */
        error = sfnt->load_charmaps( face, stream );
        if ( error )
          goto Exit;

        /* XXX: we don't load the GPOS table, as OpenType Layout     */
        /* support will be added later to a layout library on top of */
        /* FreeType 2                                                */
      }

The comment says an SVG CEF font has no `head' table, but the source sets
pure_cff to 0 only when a `head' table is found? TektonPro-Regular.otf
has a `head' table, is it a CFF or a CEF font? This source detects it as
CEF which makes it useless since face->num_glyphs stays at 0 which would
not happen if pure_cff would stay at 1.

Ciao, Detlef
--
_ // address@hidden