Re: [Devel] Porting freetype to PalmOS

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Porting freetype to PalmOS
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:25:39 +0100

Hello Max,

Max Bian a écrit :

> Hi.
>
> What does it take to port freetype to PalmOS as a shared libary?  It will be
> ideal to support from 4-bit greyscale to 16bit color.

I don't think compiling FreeType for the PalmOS should be a problem,
though we hacent' checked it completely for 16-bit correctness.

Regarding 4-bit greyscale to 16bit color support, it's not something
we wish to support in a font engine (a graphics library would be
better in this role). It is however possible to provide custom
"span callbacks" to the anti-aliased renderer to generate 4-bit
gray levels (instead of the default 8-bit ones)..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

- David