RE: [Devel] bezier rendring

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: RE: [Devel] bezier rendring
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:10:25 +0200

This should go to FAQ :-)

> as explained in the docs a glypth can be represented by
> pixmap, bitmap, and bezier curves...
> under OpenGL there is a bezier drawing mechanism that can
> allow to render bezier curves and surface. i want to use
> this mecha with freetype : does freetype can give me bezier
> vertice instead of bitmap or pixmap?

Yes. look at FT_Outline_Decompose function

And conic convert to bezier is:
Conic P0 P1 P2
Bezier B0 B1 B2 B3
B0=P0
B1=(P0+2*P1)/3
B2=(P2+2*P1)/3
B3=P2

> another question : what about unicode? does freetype have a
> mecha for it or should i use other tools?
It has "mecha" :-) It automaticaly choose or create Unicode charmap. But
not for OpenType Layouting in 2.x versions ...
I think you don't need other tools ...

Boris Letocha