Re: [Devel] CFF-rendering

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] CFF-rendering
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 06:02:48 +0200 (CEST)

> The following problem occurs with CFF-Fonts which are embedded in
> PDF-Files. I append one (I have isolated from PDF).
>
> On my 16-bit-platform rendering MONOCHROME brings no problems!
>
> When rendered SMOOTH, some glyphs are NOT OK!
>
> I gave one to werner lemberg. He mailed, that even on his platform,
> these fonts are not ok!

*This* font looks OK (both with mono and smooth)!  The last one had
very strange metrics.

> Have a look at this "A":
>
> 00 00 00 00 f9 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 f9 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fa ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fa 78 ce ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fb 2e ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fb 2a ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fc 01 de ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 5c 25 cf ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 04 00 ee ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 11 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 27 00 af ef ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fe ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 fe ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
> 00 00 00 ff 01 00 00 d7 ff ff ff ff

This looks like an overflow error somewhere in the smooth renderer.

Have you tried to activate the FT_TRACE feature?  Well, you told me
that it's difficult for you, but you also say that you can't debug, so
what?