Re: [Devel] TT_Err_Invalid_Slot_Handle

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] TT_Err_Invalid_Slot_Handle
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:17:31 +0200

Hello Mike,

Mike Owens a écrit :

> Version 2.0.4. Sorry guys but I'm confused. Can someone tell me where
> TT_Err_Invalid_Slot_Handle is defined? I have one build that reports an error
> that it is not defined and another build that doesn't report an error. Both
> builds should be using the same files. I have searched both builds for this
> definition and can't find it. I have tterrors.h which is where I thought it
> would be. I'm still trying to figure out why build one doesn't report the
> error.

Seems that your problem comes from one of my mistakes..

We've performed some black magic on the FT2 sources before the 2.0.4 release,
changing the way the error codes macros and values were defined. This in order
to ease debugging (since it helps locate the module where an error might
appear).

Since these changes break source compatibility with older versions, we've
introduced a configuration macro, named FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_MODULE_ERRORS
to enable them. This macro should normally be _unset_, but it seems there
was some confusion between me and Werner regarding its use..

(I have actually performed some backwards-compatibility tests with the
 2.0.4 sources, but I did manually #undef the macro before that, and
 forgot to commit the change before the release, apparently.. :-()

As a consequence, 2.0.4 comes with this macro "defined", when it shouldn't,
which probably explains why one of your builds doesn't work. I advise you
to #undef it in "include/freetype/config/ftoption.h" and try to build it
again.

Now, regarding the exact location of TT_Err_Invalid_Slot_Handle, this
constant is defined in "fterrors.h" through some special macro tricks..
have a look at the file's content to see why..

If this problem proves to be too important, we'll probably make 2.0.5
just to correct it, so let us know how important this is to you..

Regards,

- David