[Devel] freetype-config

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: [Devel] freetype-config
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:48:42 -0500

hi there,

lots of packages use a <package>-config file to detect build flags.
Since I have to deal with a couple of similar cases for the berlin
project, I was trying to write a unified m4 macro that can be used
to detect any of them. The procedure is always the same...

However, freetype uses some unique way to express the version. While
all others use a string like '0.2.2', freetype uses '0:2:2'.
Is that a deliberate choice ? Else I'd propose that you switch to the
common way. It makes life easier. (May be we can convince the autoconf
team to add a macro similar to the one I try to write into the official
macro distribution that comes with autoconf...)

Regards, Stefan