[Devel] CFF Cleanup (was bug in BBox_Conic_Check?)

From: Blinn, Eric W
Subject: [Devel] CFF Cleanup (was bug in BBox_Conic_Check?)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:19:39 -0600

Hi David,

Since you are soliciting input... I don't think the CFF Unicode charmap or
Adobe specific FT_CharMaps will be of use to me in the immediate future, but
I suspect it could become useful further down the road.

As far as CFF goes, I'm currently most interested in the charset and
encoding tables getting loaded by the driver. I'm using the patches Wes
submitted, and Tom is continuing that work. It will be nice when it finds
its way into CVS, as I'm currently maintaining it on the side and merging it
in whenever I pick up a new library version.

The font transform support will also be helpful. You may have seen some of
the list traffic about the glyphs being flipped in Distiller produced CFF
fonts. I've been using a variation of the previously disabled call to
FT_Outline_Transform() in T2_Load_Glyph() to "right" them. It seems to serve
my purposes fine, but I don't know if it is really the best way to handle
things.

Thanks,
Eric