RE: [FT2 bug contest :-)] = SERVER SWITCH

From: Fleischer, Karsten (K.)
Subject: RE: [FT2 bug contest :-)] = SERVER SWITCH
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 07:19:50 -0500

Hi David,

> I'm currently switching servers, which may explain the
> problem you're describing.
> In all cases, I think it should be fixed by tomorrow afternoon.

Still not fixed, I'll try again in a few hours.
BTW, you could check the ViewCVS Interface on sourceforge.net. It doesn't
work from there, only from freetype.org.

> By the way, I finally found the bug (basically, calling a
> method of class A
> with a pointer on an instance of class B, due to incorrect table index
> initialisation, which then caused a member pointer
> de-reference wrote to
> random areas of memory !! I'm still surprised that Insure
> couldn't find
> it though.. ??)

Wow, that's what i call a BUG.

> However, I'm not against a run of Purify on the current
> sources to check that
> everything is going well :-)

OK, but I'm delaying this because I rewrote my whole library to use the
cache and do some more intelligent clipping and lots of other things. I have
to integrate my changes into our project first, then I'll be Purifying the
whole thing.
However, I don't think I will go through all of the FreeType code, as I'm
not using all of its features.

Cheers,

Karsten