freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] /me messages

From: Anand V. Avati
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] /me messages
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 04:21:21 +0530

> >From a look at the sources it doesn't seem like I forgot some
> configuration. Have I?

No, there is no configuration for /me yet.

> I created a patch in color.scm that solves the issue for me. Do you want
> me to file a feature request or to send this patch to a particular
> place?

Please submit the patch, we encourage contributions, and would love to
see contribs into the extensions/ part :)

> By the way, I'm really looking forward to the Jingle integration :-)

Jingle integration needs complete rewrite as libjingle by design does
not fit nicely into freetalk.

the jingle version is scheduled to be released  by 21st Aug 06. This is
a rewrite and some functionalities may be missing for a while.

> Is
> there a general freetalk roadmap to see where one could help out? Would
> it be appreciated?

We do not have a formal  roadmap along the path of the current release.
The new rewrite is much more ambitious and  we will surely be putting up
a road map.

For starters, the new freetalk is designed to accomodate powerful
extensions like auto-pilot (making M-x doctor of emacs respond to
messages from selected/all people), Multiple backend support
(xmpp/irc/libyahoo), Multiple UI support (readline, gtk, curses, though
in the original spirit we would love to stick with readline), and lot
more possibilities which we would prefer to expose once the release is
done.

cheers,
avati

--