freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] cvs: jameson

From: FreeSCI CVS repository
Subject: [freesci-develop] cvs: jameson
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:46:23 +0200

CVSROOT:        /var/cvs/freesci
Module name:    freesci
Changes by:     jameson 2003/07/30 18:46:23 GMT

Modified files:
        .              : Tag: glutton ChangeLog
        src/gfx/resource: Tag: glutton sci_resmgr.c
        src/include    : Tag: glutton sfx_device.h sfx_sequencer.h
        src/sfx/device : Tag: glutton alsa-midi.c
        src/sfx/player : Tag: glutton realtime.c
        src/sfx/seq    : Tag: glutton mt32.c

Log message:
* alsa-midi driver timing fixes
* When starting a new song, instruct the output driver to reset its timer
(if supported) (a)
* When programming an MT-32, make sure it has enough time to process all
commands (b)

(a) fixes issues of song timing being off, making timing much more in-
dependent of the underlying timing mechanism (particularly important with
our current default method).

(b) If an output driver does not support flushing, we now estimate the time
the MT-32 needs to complete processing its instructions (and ensure that
the individual sysexes we send are delayed appropriately); if the output
timer is being reset (in preparation for a song starting), we defer
resetting it (and doing anything else) until the MT-32 has finished being
programmed, as far as we can tell from our estimates.

This should fix the "fast" MT-32 programming we got in Glutton without
breaking apart for particularly long sysex sequences.

-- Christoph